Kinna Crocker is a nationally recognized attorney with ten years of experience in the courtroom and a proven track record as an effective advocate, mediator and litigator.
Kinna Crocker was named one of the Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, Class of 2013, by the National LGBT Bar Association. She was also recognized for leadership and excellence in her field as the recipient of the Sacramento County Bar Association Unity Award.
You might enjoy hearing her marriage and legislation related interview on OutBeat Radio!
Feel free to read Kinna’s full CV below.
July 2013 – Present
Santa Rosa, California
At Crocker Law, Kinna provides cutting edge legal services to individuals and couples in family law matters, including adoption proceedings, marriage and domestic partnership divorce proceedings, child custody matters, child support and spousal support applications, and parentage actions.
Terre Family Law
September 2011 – July 2013
Santa Rosa, California
Advised clients regarding adoptions and dissolutions of marriages and domestic partnerships. Advocated for clients at court hearings. Drafted agreements, including marital settlement agreements, pre-marital and post-marital agreements. Drafted legal memoranda and pleadings for all cases.
April 2010 – August 2011
Santa Rosa, California
Represented K-12 school districts, county offices of education, colleges, universities and government agencies. Drafted pleadings regarding labor, employment, special education, student and charter school matters. Draft pleadings for Federal court and Office of Administrative Hearings. Draft case summaries for publication on firm website. Maintain client contact with superintendents and school principals. Attend and chair individualized education program meetings. Mediate special education cases. Draft and present seminars regarding education issues. Respond to requests for due process hearings. Advise clients regarding special education eligibility, assessments, appropriateness of placements and placements at private schools.
Northern California Family Law Group
September 2004 – July 2008
Served as lead counsel in civil court and family court. Advised client regarding adoptions and the dissolution of marriages and domestic partnerships. Advocated for clients at court hearings. Drafted agreements (e.g., marital settlements, domestic partnership settlements, pre-marital and post-marital agreements). Drafted legal memoranda and pleadings for all cases. Maintained significant client contact.
Successfully mediated dissolutions and UPA cases. Conducted settlement conferences and trials. Litigated in numerous counties throughout Northern and Central California. Presented seminars regarding recent developments in family law. Testified at legislative hearings regarding family law legislation, at the request of Assemblyman Mark Leno and Senator Carole Migden. Represented Sacramento region on the State Bar Council on Access and Fairness, with the purpose of increasing diversity in the legal profession.
University of San Francisco School of Law
Doctor of Law (JD), Law
1999 – 2002
Recognized as a Public Interest Law Scholar
Intern for Human Rights Advocates
Lobbied international delegates regarding human rights violations at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology and English, Cum Laude
1995 – 1999
- California Bar Association, Family Law Section
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Family Law and LGBT Law Sections
- Mental Health Liaison Committee
- Sacramento County Bar Association, 2003-2008
- Sac L.E.G.A.L. Minority Bar Association, 2003-2008
- State Bar Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination, Communications Subcommittee Chair, 2007
- State Bar Council on Access and Fairness, 2007-2008
- Stonewall Democratic Club of Greater Sacramento, 2003-2008
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce, 2004-2008
- LifeWorks, Advisory Board 2016-present
- LifeWorks, Vice-President, 2015-2016
- Sonoma County LGBTQI Giving Circle, founding member, co-chair 2016-present
Positive Images, Santa Rosa, Board Member, 2011-2012
- Marriage Equality USA, Sacramento Chapter Media Contact, 2008-2011
- National Center for Lesbian Rights, Volunteer Attorney, 2007-2008
- Marriage Equality USA, Sacramento Chapter Co-Chair, 2006-2008
- Youth Lobby Days, Volunteer and Mentor, 2006 and 2007
- Marriage Equality California and Equality California, Sacramento Chapter Chair, 2002-2006
- Gordon D. Schaber Moot Court Competition, Attorney Coach, 2004
- USF School of Law Moot Court Competition, Judge, 2004
- Voluntary Legal Services Program Family Law Clinic, 2003